Breastfeeding is natural.
That makes it easy right? Wrong!
Breastfeeding is a learned skill – like riding a bike, it’s much more efficient than walking, but don’t tell that to a child that falls and scrapes their knees the first 20 times.
We need someone to run behind us, encourage us, problem solve and troubleshoot. And the harder it is, the more we need help.
As certified KW breastfeeding peer counsellors and breastfeeding educators, we can help by phone or in person. No question is too small, no situation too complex. Denise and Maria together have almost 20,000 hours of clinical lactation support, helping parents one to one, and several certifications, along with constant upgrading and education to keep them on top of best practises.
No feeding concern is too large, no question is too small. We have helped parents on day 1, and on day 800.
We also strive to make breastfeeding a real day to day activity and not a medical issue. We have a comfortable clinic available with proper couches, comfy chairs, and even a safe day bed for practising nursing lying down. Breastfeeding learning should be done where you’re going to be doing it home, so that you can make it part of your day to day
We are connected with every breastfeeding support in Kitchener, Waterloo, KW, Cambridge, and Guelph and the surrounding areas. If you need “one stop shopping” for breastfeeding, we can help you right in your own home, our clinic, or even on the phone.
And if what you need is a free local support we can connect you to that too!
Short Term Lactation Counselling
- Initial Phone and email consults are always free.
- In-clinic short appointments $30 for 45 min on Fridays.
- In-person breastfeeding appointments are $40 an hour
- A $10 home or hospital visit rate applies. (May be waved for subsequent home visits).
- A flat rate of $100 for a 1.5-2.5 hour home consult is available to get you started without worrying about exactly how minutes you’re using. Great for new parents that don’t want to worry about the clock, or anyone that wants a full in depth discussion of your concerns and integration of the solutions into your daily life.
Small single use breastfeeding items are also available for purchase:
- Foley infant feeding cups $10 each
- lactation 5 french tubes for supplementation $2 each
- 10 ml and 20 ml syringes $2 each